The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams
New York : Harmony Books, 1981. First American edition; First printing with full numbers line and "First Edition" statement on the copyright page. Hardcover. 250 pages ; 19 cm. $7.95 dust jacket with minimal wear. Lite blue and black cover board with pink title on spine. Pages are clean and unmarked. Binding is firm.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the bookstore, Douglas Adams presents The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
• The Time: Infinity
• The Place: The Universe
• The Survivors: Arthur Dent(earthling)—a mild-mannered, out-to-lunch space traveler, searching the cosmos for a decent cup of tea. Ford Prefect (alien)—unflap-pable researcher for that most successful and useful book, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Trillian (earthling)— sexy space cadet who gave Arthur the cold shoulder at a cocktail party; she is now the girlfriend of Zaphod Beeblebrox (alien)—two-headed, three-armed ex-head honcho of the Universe.
This fantastic foursome encounters paranoid androids, existential elevators, improbability drives, and kill-o-zap blasters on an interstellar romp that takes them from a thirty-megaton rock concert on Kakrafoon to Milliways, the restaurant at the end of the Universe, where the main dish of the day introduces itself and the floor show is doomsday.
How will it all end? Will they discover the origin of the bathtub? Will they find the significance of gin and tonic? Will they find out the question to the answer 42? For the answers to these and other cosmic questions, climb aboard Douglas Adams's zany spaceship and get ready to blast off. Take an improbable ride; your table is ready at The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was a number one best-seller in England, a cult classic in the United States, a weekly radio series with millions of fanatic listeners, and is soon to be a television spectacle on both sides of the Atlantic. The Restaurant at the End of the Universe is the all-new adventures of the Hitchhiker's crew. Whether you are already a Douglas Adams fan or are just now finding out about his unique universe, don't panic and don't forget to bring a towel.
DOUGLAS ADAMS was born in Cambridge, England, and attended St. John's College at Cambridge University. After graduation he spent several years contributing material to radio and television shows, including "Monty Python" He has also worked as a hospital porter, barn builder, chicken shed cleaner, bodyguard, and radio producer. He is not married, has no children, and does not live in Manhattan.
- :: 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- :: Paypal Accepted Here
- :: We Ship Worldwide
- :: Delivered Within 3-5 Business Days
- :: We Ship Via United States Postal Service
- :: Free Shipping In The United States
Questions & Answers
Have a Questions?
Let us know. We're here to help!